Medical University Of South Carolina (MUSC), USA
MUSC was the first medical school in the southern United States. The college pioneered in clinical teaching and its faculty members wrote some of America's first medical textbooks. For over 170 years, the College of Medicine has been dedicated to the training of physicians.
It has expanded from a small private college for the training of physicians to a state university with a medical center and six colleges for the education of a broad range of health professionals, biomedical scientists and other health related personnel. According to Annual hospital survey MUSC will reach an important milestone this year, when they receive $200 million in research grants with half from the National Institute Health.
The MUSC has Health Care Simulation Center housing over fifty advanced adult and infant simulators, including instruments that simulate childbirth, trauma patients, CPR (resuscitation), heart attacks, and more. College of Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing and Dental Medicine are some of the colleges which come under the University of South Carolina.
- Established in 1824, the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is a major academic health center in the US
- It is the 10th largest state medical university in the United States
- MUSC comprises of six academic colleges
- MUSC has a 600-bed hospital, various outpatient clinics and research institutes
- MUSC was named one of USA's best hospitals for the 12th consecutive year
- Amongst top 5 in heart and cardiovascular facilities
- More than 200 of the best doctors in US work at MUSC
- First medical school in the southern United States
- The college pioneered clinical teaching in the United States
- MUSC faculty members wrote some of America's first medical textbooks
- Huge library containing 2,00,000 bound volumes, approximately 12,600 E-Journals subscriptions
- Proven academics records with thousands of working professionals all over the world